Answering Your Workers’ Compensation Questions

If you have been hurt on the job, you are facing a challenging road ahead and you probably have numerous questions about workers’ compensation insurance. After reporting your injury to your employer, you should contact an experienced lawyer who can help you through the process of obtaining your benefits.

At my law firm, Daniel A. Webb, PA, in Little Rock, Arkansas, I help clients through the disability triangle, which is what I call the three main types of benefits people can obtain: workers’ compensation, long-term disability insurance (ERISA) and Social Security Disability benefits. With more than 20 years of experience, I have a thorough understanding of the workers’ compensation process. I take a personalized, committed approach to workers’ comp representation. When you work with me, I will walk you through every step of the legally complicated process personally to make sure you get the benefits you need.

What is workers’ compensation?

Workers’ compensation is an insurance program for people injured at work. All employers with more than a few employees are required to either carry workers’ compensation insurance from an approved provider or provide that benefit themselves.

What types of accidents are covered under workers’ compensation?

Workers’ compensation covers most physical injuries that occur on the job. It is important to note that injuries occurring outside of the workplace (which include preexisting conditions) are not covered by workers’ compensation. Emotional illnesses are covered in Arkansas, but these benefits can be extremely difficult to obtain.

What benefits does workers’ compensation provide?

Workers’ compensation can cover:

  • Medical care – including doctor visits, surgery, hospital care and the like
  • Ongoing care – including physical therapy and follow-up treatments as needed
  • Medication
  • Adaptive technology – including crutches, ramps, wheelchairs, etc.
  • Other medical supplies

There are other benefits available, depending on your circumstances.

When should I report my injury to my employer?

You should report your injuries immediately to your employer. This is the first and most essential of the steps required to obtaining your benefits. Although you have 30 days before you have to report your accident or work-related injuries, it is best to do it right away in order to create a record linking your symptoms to the work-related accident or incident.

If workers’ compensation covers my injuries, why do I need a lawyer?

Any type of workers’ compensation claim can be difficult to obtain. Your employer, the insurance company and the medical providers hired for workers’ compensation assessments are all motivated to deny or at least minimize your claim. There are complex procedures to follow for applying for benefits and for appealing any denial of your claim. Working with an experienced attorney is the best way to ensure that you get the benefits you need.

Contact Daniel A. Webb, PA

I offer free consultations, and I am happy to talk through your case with you. Call me at 501-406-3720 or fill out my online contact form to schedule your free initial consultation. Together, we can cover all the angles and protect your future.